November 5th, 2009
|ai_1980||06:52 pm - APOC MKE SUMMIT 11/14 – 11/15 2009|
Anarchist People of Color, http://www.illvox.org
smack a white boy round three this ones for sylvia
APOC MKE SUMMIT 11/14 – 11/15 2009
APOCistas of the Midwest (and beyond) COME AND REPRESENT!
It’s going down in the Mil NOVEMBER 14TH AND 15TH 2009!
APOC MKE is happy to host its first summit on the lovely Northside of Milwaukee. There are some things ya’ll should know about Mil-Town.
45% of the African-American population lives at or below the national poverty line – most of these homes are spearheaded by single mothers.
57% of African American males are unemployed/undereducated.
Every 1 in 3 Black males under the age of 25 is incarcerated.
MILWAUKEE IS ONE OF THE TOP SEGREGATED CITIES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERIKKKA!
We may be a small city, but we got a lot of problems to solve. It’s about time we organize and let our black and brown siblings know that there is a possibility of REAL CHANGE.
FUCK THE FONZ! IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BLACK, BROWN AND BRONZE!
Here’s a taste of what will be going down:
Skill Shares (tentative)
Using Hip-Hop to inspire Community Activism
Mini zines and DIY Publications
Organizing a Neighborhood Cop Watch
Sign Language Skill share
Fundraising Skill Share
Building the Midwest APOC Network
Male Privilege Auxiliary
Light –skinned/Passing Auxiliary
Heterosexual Privilege Auxiliary
Gender Queer/Trans Caucus
Sex worker’s Caucus
Poor Folks Caucus
Interested? Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com for more details, reservations, and summit site info.
Housing and (vegan) food will be provided.
Hope to see ya’ll soon.
All attendees of the summit held in Milwaukee, WI must adhere to and respect the Revolutionary Principles of Unity.
*Revolutionary Principles of Unity*
1. We call for a social revolution to erect an entire new society.
2. We want decent housing, food, clothing and other essentials for all, not just the rich.
3. We oppose all forms of colonialism and imperialism in the Third and
Fourth Worlds and support the struggles of all oppressed peoples in the West.
4. We oppose nation-state wars and the building of a fascist police state
based on hysteria over “terrorism.”
5. We oppose any form of white supremacy, white cultural chauvinism,
whiteness or internalized racism in the Anarchist movement, and call for
unity and recognition of our right to autonomy.
6. We strive and fight to dismantle, deconstruct and unlearn (in no
particular order but all at once) white supremacy, patriarchy, ableism,
heterosexism, speciesism, transphobia, queerphobia, environmental racism,
ageism, classism, authoritarianism, the State and all forms of oppression.
7. We oppose the oppression of wimmin/women, queers, transfolk, two spirit
people, youth, genderqueers, differently able-bodied people, people with
mental health complexities, animals and all that are oppressed.
8. We oppose any forms of capitalism and class oppression and support the
liberation of the poor and the workers.
9. We call for an immediate moratorium of the death penalty and the
dismantling of the prison industrial complex.
10. We demand an immediate end to all violence against all wimmin/women
(sexual, domestic or otherwise). We fully support survivors’ (of sexual
assault and rape) autonomy. We demand all perpetrators adhere and cooperate
to the fullest extent the procedures and demands of the survivors and the
Current Location: The Chicago Public Library Uptown Branch
Current Mood: okay